At PBM Elder Law, we believe that developing a comprehensive plan for aging that includes a focus on legal, financial, and medical issues is the best way to ensure that you or your loved ones can live the life envisioned while ensuring peace of mind for families. This section contains a list of resources that may be helpful to you for a variety of senior needs. PBM Elder Law has experience working with many of these organizations and we can help your family determine the best fit for you and your loved ones as part of any overall aging plan.
Senior Service Agencies
- Erie County Senior Services Promotes the well-being of all older adults through coordinated and cost-effective services which enhance independence, dignity and quality of life.
- Amherst Senior Services Provides support, resources and recreation for seniors in Amherst, N.Y.
- Cheektowaga Senior Center Provides a full program of outreach services and recreational services for seniors in Cheektowaga.
- City of Tonawanda Senior Services Provides, assists and coordinates community resources to implement services and programs for youth, adult, and senior groups is a safe, leisure environment.
- Clarence Senior Services Provides a wide variety of activities, programs, classes and experiences to Clarence seniors to educate, inform, entertain and involve.
- Grand Island Senior Services The Golden Age Center is open to Grand Island Residents 50 years of age or older and offers a daily hot meal.
- Hamburg Senior Services Provides social, educational, nutrition, transportation, health and wellness programs to enrich the lives of those 60 years of age and older.
- Orchard Park Senior Services Provides quality programs, services and activities that contribute to each seniors mental, physical and social well being.
- Dale Association of Niagara County A not-for-profit organization providing an umbrella of human services for adults of all ages in Niagara County.
- The Health Association of Niagara County (HANCI) A not-for-profit community organization that provides caring, proactive, diversified programs and services that promote independence and a healthy lifestyle across generations.
Organizations that Service Specific Senior Needs
- Alzheimer’s Association of WNY One of over 70 Alzheimer’s Association chapters serving communities across the United States with the mission to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
- Catholic Charities of Buffalo A comprehensive human service provider serving all eight counties of WNY, working to protect, strengthen and empower more than 130,000 people each year. Headway of WNY, Inc. A support and advocacy agency for persons with brain injuries and other disabilities. Jewish Family Services Offers a broad range of complementary, integrated services delivered by highly qualified professionals in psychiatry, psychology, nursing, social work and rehabilitation counseling for people of all ages including seniors.
- Headway of WNY, Inc. A support and advocacy agency for persons with brain injuries and other disabilities.
- Jewish Family Services Offers a broad range of complementary, integrated services delivered by highly qualified professionals in psychiatry, psychology, nursing, social work and rehabilitation counseling for people of all ages including seniors.
- Meals on Wheels of America Provides community-based Senior Nutrition Programs throughout the U.S. There are a number of Meals on Wheels organizations in Western New York that can be found here.
- People, Inc. Offers a variety of services including residential, employment, community outreach, health care and recreation programs for seniors, families and people with disabilities to enable them to live more healthy, independent and productive lives.
- Catholic Health/Living Independently for Seniors (LIFE) A program of all-inclusive care for the elderly, (PACE program) to help them remain in their home but qualify for nursing home care. Provides assistance to help seniors maintain their health, complete day-to-day activities and remain safe for as long as possible.
- Weinberg Campus/Total Aging In Place Program A managed long term care health plan created as a way to provide flexibility to meet the health care needs of seniors and enable them to continue to living safely in the community. Programs include a social day program, adult day health program, care management, medical transportation and home care services.
- Hospice Buffalo Provides medical care, emotional and spiritual support to people and their families facing life-limiting illness in homes, hospitals, adult facilities, nursing homes, group homes and hospice residences.
- Hospice/Allegany, Cattaraugus, Genesee and Wyoming Counties
- Hospice/Chautauqua County
- Niagara Hospice
- Hospice of Orleans County
Geriatric Care Managers
- Geriatric Care Managers of WNY Provides a comprehensive assessment of seniors including the person, the place, health status, documents, and the finances, and assist in locating the most appropriate rehabilitation setting, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing facility or home.
Senior Residences / Independent Living
Adult Day Care
Social Adult Day Care
- Lord of Life Adult Care Center A social day program for adults, providing activities, nursing, nutrition, transportation, personal care and caregiver services.
- Amherst Adult Day Care Provides adult day care services including organized daily activities in a community-based setting, transportation, meals, and professional supervision.
- DeGraff Adult Day Care Provides adult day care to meet the needs of the chronically ill and impaired adult (ages 18 and above) who live in the community and includes socialization, assistance with personal care, and a wide variety of activities.
- Aurora Adult Day Services Provides adult day care for functionally impaired adults who are unable to be left alone and to offer respite to their caregivers.
- Hamburg Adult Day Center Provides adult day care through the Senior Services Department of Hamburg.
- Weinberg Garden Club (For memory Impaired) A secure adult day program offering services tailored to the individual needs of memory-impaired participants, with emphasis on small group and individual activities.
Medical Adult Day Care
- Weinberg Campus Offers an Adult Day Care Health Program for adults with medical needs providing comprehensive health care services in a congregate day setting.
- Catholic Health System Provides medical adult day care offering a place where someone requiring supervision can spend the day and have the opportunity to socialize and receive medical care.
- Schofield Adult Day Health Care Provides physical, occupational and speech therapies, nursing care, personal care, case management and other services in a supportive group environment.
Home Health Care
- Home Instead Senior Care A network of locally owned franchises offering in-home care to help families keep aging loved ones in their homes as they grow older.
- Touching Hearts at Home Helps seniors, people with disabilities, and those who are battling illness to preserve their quality of life and remain independent in their own homes by providing non-medical companionship, transportation and homemaking services.
- Sitters on Standby Provides in-home companionship and services to meet the needs of seniors including, but not limited to, light housekeeping, shopping, errands and medical reminders.
Comprehensive - Medical Care
- Home Watch Care Givers A network of home care agencies providing trained and experienced caregivers to keep your loved one safe, while protecting their independence and preserving their dignity, and providing help and relief to family caregivers.
- Willcare/ Home Health Care In-home medical care through Medicare-certified and licensed agencies.
- Visiting Nursing Association Provides in-home nursing care.
- Health Force A full service home health care and community care agency serving the residents of Buffalo and WNY.
- Amedisys Certified Home Health Care Provides home health and hospice care in the comfort of the home.
- McAuley Seton A home health agency serving offering around-the-clock medical and non-medical care in the home in the Cheektowaga and surrounding areas.
- Schofield Long Term Home Health Care Provides long term care services offering a variety of personalized programs home health care services, nursing home care, short-term rehabilitation, adult day health care or long term health care at home.
Assisted living is designed as an alternative to nursing home placement and combines residential and home care services for seniors. Assisted living facilities provide room, board, housekeeping, supervision, personal care and case management.
Assisted Living Facilities
Assisted Living Facilities with Memory Care Units
Memory Care Only
A skilled nursing facility is a type of nursing home recognized by the Medicare and Medicaid systems as meeting long-term health care needs for individuals who have the potential to function independently after a limited period of care. A multidisciplinary team guides health care and rehabilitative services, including skilled nursing care.
- Beechwood Continuing Care
- Rosa Coplan Jewish Home & Infirmary at Weinberg Campus
- Schofield Residence Nursing Facility and Rehabilitation
- Autumn View Health Care
- Garden Gate Health Care
- Harris Hill Nursing Facility
- Northgate Health Care Facility
- Seneca Health Care Center
Catholic Health System:
- Father Baker Manor
- McAuley Residence Nursing Home
- St. Catherine LaBoure Health Care Center
- St. Francis of Williamsville Nursing Home
- Mercy Nursing Facility at OLV
Licensed Continuing Care Retirement Community
New York State approved Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRC) are housing and care complexes restricted to seniors. They include independent living units (apartments and/or cottages), social activities, meals, supportive assistance and personal care all on one campus. Nursing Home care is also included and may be provided on or off-campus. Residents’ housing and health care are covered under a life-care contract or under a long-term housing and health care contract. The Community’s health-related and nursing care are licensed and regulated by the New York State Health Department, and the Community’s financial status and pricing structure are overseen by the New York State Insurance Department.
- Fox Run at Orchard Park Offers an living options where seniors may age with grace and dignity. We are committed to providing a life care environment where our residents enjoy security and peace of mind within a community of caring people.
- Canterbury Woods A Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), offering resort-style amenities and the carefree retirement lifestyle.
Continuum of Care
- Weinberg Campus A uniquely designed residential community focused on providing a continually-innovative approach to senior living, enabling area seniors to enjoy a healthy, independent and engaged lifestyle.
- Beechwood Continuing Care Provides a continuum of long-term care that includes independent, intermediate, rehabilitative, and skilled nursing services.
- Elderwood Senior Care Offers a continuum of care so that seniors can progress seamlessly from independent living to assisted living, to skilled nursing as necessary.
- Greenfield Continuing Care Community Part of the Niagara Lutheran Health System, offering residential apartment homes, assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and sub-acute care, respite care, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation for all types of situations, including cardiac and orthopedic rehabilitation and a wellness clinic with special programs
Senior Real Estate Service
- MJ Peterson Real Estate Offering real estate services specifically with seniors in mind. Olear Realty Group offers a unique blend of real estate knowledge and understanding of the issues seniors face to help them find appropriate housing for the retirement years.